Amn’t I happy today? We were blessed by the Almighty with a beautiful day yesterday. From morning, it was cloudy. While my umma and me were slogging in the kitchen cooking up for the large entourage of guests expected for lunch, the beautiful climate outside kept our spirits lifted. The balcony door was open to allow in the breeze, which sent chills running around. Yeah, quite strange, considering that we are in the end of April and the temperatures are supposed to be not less than 34 degrees.
Once we had lunch – all of us together, it was a fun day with almost 20 people at home!!! – the women huddled together in the balcony to enjoy the rain. Wasn’t it fantastic! That breeze, the continuously showering was just too good to be true!!! Finally, in the evening, not being able to hold onto staying at home anymore, I dragged my umma and aunt along with the kids and went for some open air shopping – so some rain and some goodies! It was total fun. We enjoyed some shawarma and hot tea afterwards on the beach side, did one more round of shopping and reached home really late.
Even though I am seriously tired – weekend ceased to be a weekend – the feeling is fantastic. Sometimes, the Almighty has His unique ways of giving that happiness to you, just like this rain in the midst of the upcoming summers!
Today is a straightforward pudding, with a tinge of coffee to it. I love coffee and if it is coffee, it has to be Bru. No, I am not promoting it, but yes – once you try it and you like it, no other coffee will come close to it. Whenever you have unexpected guests, this just entails some mixing, heating and setting – that easy it is!
- 500 ml milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 tbsp coffee powder mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 200 ml water
- 10 gm agar agar or china grass
- Soak the agar agar in the water for 15-20 minutes. Put it on the lowest flame and allow it to melt.
- Mix the milk, condensed milk and the coffee concoction in a heavy bottom saucepan and bring it to heat.
- Doing the melting of the agar agar and heating of the coffee mixture side to side will ensure that they heat evenly.
- Once the agar agar is completely melted, slowly pour it into the coffee mixture and continue to keep on low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between till well combined.
- Pour the pudding mixture into individual serving glasses or a glass pan and allow to cool.
- Cover with cling film on top to avoid layer from forming.
- Once cool, leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours till well set.
- Serve as it is or with a dollop of whipping cream and choco chips. We just devoured it down as it is!!!
I didn't add sugar, because the condensed milk had it all. However, if it is less sugary, you can add sugar to it. Similar with the coffee taste, you want it more - simple, add more coffee!!! 🙂