This month, after contemplating a bit, I decided to post three back-to-back super easy desserts. I make some form of dessert on Fridays. That is the only day I take out of the week to make something to enjoy after the heavy lunch. I normally don’t tend to repeat the desserts, so sometimes I am forced to because my head wouldn’t work as to what to make. I guess that happens with everybody after a tough working week, hehe… So in order to ease your tension, I am posting three really simple, basic desserts that will be loved by anyone. You can make them just for your family or even when you have guests. So here we go…
If there is something that is usually in my pantry most of the time, then it is a box of jelly. My younger one loves jelly. Even though I don’t make it frequently, when she craves, then I make some custard jelly so all of us can enjoy them. Hehe… This mousse is apt to make when you don’t have fresh fruits in hand. The gelatin in the jelly powder helps set the mousse and gives the peculiar flavor belonging to a jelly. What more, it even has a beautiful jelly layer at the bottom as it sets in its pan! This is one dessert you can make if you have kiddo party, they are surely going to love it. It is not necessary to use strawberry jelly, you can use any that you like or have in your pantry. If you love easy desserts that involves jelly, then here is another one… Off to this super simple recipe…
- 2 sachets whipping cream powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pack jelly powder of choice - I have used strawberry
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- Whip the powder, milk and vanilla essence till stiff.
- Meanwhile, whisk the jelly granules first in boiling water, and then in cold water till well melted.
- Add into the whipped cream and beat till well combined. Make sure it is all well mixed.
- Pour into a bowl and allow it to set.
- Decorate with fruits of your choice - which I didn't - and mint, or even some more whipped cream!