My love for chocolate has always been etched across this blog whenever it has been possible for me to. Whenever I want to bake anything, my first preference is always chocolate. My kids only go on to prove that my blood is very much in them as they prefer chocolate as well! HD is not at all a chocolate person… When I saw this recipe in one of the Friday magazines, I just couldn’t resist. I always prefer my chocolate with nuts and seeing that this cake had pistachios in it really tempted me to go ahead and try it. I halved the recipe, as it was just me and the kids for chai time and I did not want to overload ourselves… however, I regretted doing that since the kids came asking for more and even asked for it the next day! It was a nice, dense and chocolaty loaf with those awesome bites of pistachios in between…
Chocolate Pistachio Loaf
- 50 gm butter
- 125 gm dark chocolate
- 80 gm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100 gm all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 50 gm pistachios chopped
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease and flour a small loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate over the top of boiling water. Allow to cool a bit.
- Whisk in the sugar till dissolved.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add in the dry ingredients and whisk till combined. Stir in the pistachios.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes till done, ie. a skewer comes out clean from the center.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with a cup of black tea or coffee or just as a snack!