Did the title intrigue you? Yes, today I am going to share how to make a baked cheesecake in a microwave! Isn’t that interesting? A cheesecake is something that I avoid making just because I am scared of the calories that come with it. Not that I am really bothered as such, but still… There is something addictive in a cheesecake, that you feel like having more and more of it. So when I saw this cheesecake in a little book called “Mug Cakes”, I had to try it. And boy, wasn’t I happy? This tastes as good as any baked cheesecake! The only thing you have to be careful is about the microwave time – do NOT microwave it at one stretch, instead you do it in batches, so that you have your microwave in one piece! Since it has egg in it, it can built up a lot of pressure in the oven, so it is better to be done in batch. The other thing is the waiting time, for it to settle down and cool. But it is all worth it. I topped mine off with some mixed berry compote and delicious cheesecake was ready to dig in! Wanting the recipe? Go on…
Cheesecake in a Jar ~ Microwave Cheesecake
- 1/2 tbsp soft butter
- 2 digestive biscuits crushed
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp cream cheese I used Kraft
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tbsp corn flour
- A pinch of salt
- Mixed berried compote for topping
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 15 seconds or till done. Stir in the crushed biscuits and press down the mug.
- In another mug, combine all ingredients from egg to salt and whisk well till combined. Pour over the prepared biscuit base.
- Cook in the microwave in 30 second busts for around 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then chill in the fridge for an hour before topping with mixed berry compote and serving.