I am very excited, Alhamdulillah to be on the Muslimah Bloggers as a part of the month long Ramadan series, where you will find Muslimah bloggers from all over the world, chipping in with their views and their insights about this holy month. It makes me feel honored to be posting on this lovely platform that unites a niche yet strong base of bloggers, dabbling with a variety of subjects in a Halaal way. May Allah make your endeavor successful and everlasting, in this world and the Aakhirah… Aameen…
They had invited guest posts for this month and I quickly volunteered to post for the second of the month, which is today, Alhamdulillah. While trying to figure out what to give, my eyes fell on this “too-easy-to-believe” sort of a dessert. A healthy crumble, with two of my favorite fruits, and what more – no added sugar! To read more of the post and this delicious recipe, which is so apt for Suhoor (pre-dawn meal), do hop on here! Please do let me know your comments… 🙂
- 3 bananas, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- 15 dates, deseeded and chopped
- 6-8 walnuts crushed
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- For crumble:
- 50 gm butter, softened
- ¼ cup instant oats
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Toss the chopped bananas with the lime juice and line at the bottom of a small baking pan. Sprinkle the dates, walnuts and cinnamon and the top.
- Into the butter, add the oats and coconut and bring together with your fingers till it mixes well. Spread on the top of the fruit mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or till the top is golden brown. Allow the sizzle to settle and serve warm!