I know again I get to my heavy talk… but then I need to unleash it somewhere, right? To keep it light for all of you, here is a simple dinner. Sometimes, I really don’t want to make a curry. The hassle of going through the whole procedure of literally pulling down the kitchen to prepare one drives me nuts. This is the time I like to settle down to a soup and salad, or to make it a little more heavier, a sandwich. Here is one such sandwich – tuna and egg done together into a pita and filled with salad. Both tuna and eggs hardly take time to cook and the whole process of assembling the sandwich takes no time at all. At the end of the day, tummy bi khush, mummy bi khush… hehe… Off to the way it is made…
Tuna Egg Wrap
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion minced
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 x 185 gm tin tuna chunks drained and mashed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 wholemeal pita breads
- Mayonnaise as required
- Chilli sauce as required
- Heat oil in a saucepan, saute the onion till soft.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the mashed tuna and the masala powders and cook on low flame for around five minutes. Add in the cooked sweet corn and mix well.
- Make a hole in the center. Break in the eggs. Sprinkle the black pepper over.
- Mix vigorously and ensure eggs are completely mixed into the tuna.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Do not cook for too long otherwise the mixture will get too dry.
- Warm the pita breads. Cut into two and slit.
- Spread mayonnaise as required. Spoon in some of the tuna mixture lavishly. Drizzle chilli sauce over. Repeat for the other piece.
- This quantity is enough for making four pita bread sandwiches.
- Serve with some salad!