So all said and done, I am here today with a yummy but simple recipe. I am not very fond of chicken liver, as I feel it keeps getting stuck to my throat, but if it is cooked the way that I have mentioned below, I lick up the plate completely – no stains remaining! 🙂 I guess you guys should try it to believe it… Finger licking good!!!
Chicken Liver Roast
- 600 gm chicken liver cleaned
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Chopped coriander leaves and green chillies for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste along with the kasuri methi and fry for a minute.
- Now add the liver and saute on meduim-high flame till the color of the liver turns pinkish - do not overmix as the liver may break.
- Put all the dry masalas and the yogurt and give it a nice mix.
- Keep the flame on low and cook till the liver is done.
- Add the coriander powder and green chillies and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with rotis or parattas.