I guess most of my recent posts keeps reassuring the fact of how lazy a cook I am! I love meals that can be finished in a jiffy and can taste as though you have slogged for hours… hehe… I had just posted a savory version last month, so here is a sweet one – so quick and apt for those lazy mornings or great for chai time along with a cup of hot sizzling tea! It hardly takes 20 minutes from start to end and just tastes simple and tasty. I am sure all of you have your own version of making your vermicelli sweet. Here is mine…
Want more vermicelli based ideas? Then here’s some:
- 200 gm thin vermicelli, crushed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 5-6 cashew nuts
- 10-15 raisins
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- A pinch of cardamom
- Heat ghee in a wok. Fry the cashew nuts, allow the raisins to puff.
- Add the crushed vermicelli and toss lightly.
- Now add the milks slowly till the vermicelli soaks it up.
- Cook for around five minutes stirring occasionally.
- Finally add in the sugar and cardamom and cook till sugar melts.
- Switch off and serve warm!