There was always a reason why I never tried swiss rolls, and the main reason was that I don’t have a pan to make it. Or maybe I am just keeping that as a reason! The fear of breaking and having an odd looking roll does put me off to try it. When I saw this recipe at several places, I wanted to try but somehow it kept going off my mind. One morning, when the kids demanded for something sweet and I suddenly remembered of this easy swiss roll, made on stove top that gets ready in just half an hour’s time! I used my homemade strawberry jam in this roll. The kids absolutely loved it and it was polished off within minutes. Off to the way how it is done… Recipe from here
Ahem ahem… please don’t think I am going for any big time course… I just used my B’s engineering book to take this picture! Since he is employed now and his books are just lying there, I put it to good use by using it as my prop, hehe…
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- A pinch salt
- Ghee as needed
- 3 tbsp
- strawberry jam
- Add eggs, sugar and salt into a bowl and beat on high speed using an electric beater till the egg expands and becomes pale in color.
- Add in the flour one tbsp at a time till the batter is done.
- Heat a large frying pan and rub ghee all over it.
- Pour the batter and spread to get same thickness.
- Cook on low flame with closed lid till the top can be touched without any stickiness.
- The cooking may take around 15 to 20 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Spread the jam on top of the cake when slightly cool.
- Roll tightly and leave wrapped in a kitchen towel on the kitchen top for around 15 minutes. Remove the kitchen towel, cut into slices and serve.