I can’t believe we bid farewell to the first quarter of this year. I am glad that the year has begun well, especially on the health side. Even though I decided to work out and be watchful of what I am eating in April last year, it wasn’t seeing too much of results as I would have loved it to. Even if everybody tells you not to watch the scale to measure your weight loss, when you have oodles to loose in kilograms, you do wish your scale would become your best friend. I knew that I was working out well but my eating was screwed up, so I took a decision and I am so glad of it.
I have seen some good results till now, and hoping that I get it going till I travel home July end. We all know how vacations are meant to – a total screwier of your eating plans. 😀 So at least till then, I just need to keep myself very disciplined. It is not that I don’t give into cravings, but it has reduced to drastic levels and I am not feeling miserable about it. I like the way I am feeling about myself… Let’s see how it goes… Hopefully I can post more positive feedback in the near future… 🙂
The climate is just apt to enjoy a lot of ice creams, though at the moment I can’t enjoy them. This reminds me of the ice cream machine I lend from Huma a few months ago, safely sitting on the top of the shelf in my pantry. All the time we meet, she asks me if I used it, and all I can give her is a very sheepish smile. 😀 I am posting this ice cream so that I am tempted to pull out the machine and get making some ice cream for the girls. They complain now that since I am unable to eat, I don’t make for them what they ask for, and it’s true! Sometimes I feel awfully selfish. 😉 But I have to, for sure, at least before the school opens, InShaAllah…
So this ice cream is very simple to make but so flavorful because of the intermittent bites of the strawberry puree. I have used frozen strawberry here, but if using fresh ones, ensure that you wash them well, dab them dry, freeze them and then use it, for maximum effect. The base is the usual condensed milk-cream formula, just that it is a beautified version with the swirls. 😀 The strawberry and pink crazy Azza really loved how this ice cream looked and she ate up majority of the portion that was made. Off to the recipe…
- 500 ml whipping cream
- ½-3/4 tin condensed milk (depending on sweetness)
- 450 gm pack frozen strawberry
- 1 tbsp strawberry essence
- Thaw the strawberry slightly, and then puree it till smooth, little bites are fine.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks. Beat in the condensed milk till combined.
- Fold in half the puree along with the strawberry essence.
- Pour into a container and allow it to freeze for an hour
- After an hour, take out and spread the remaining puree on top. Using a fork, swirl it into the prepared ice cream.
- Freeze till set. To serve, keep on the countertop for 10 minutes. Scoop out and serve.