A new year is always about resolutions.I have always wondered – why does it have to be? We all know very well that our life is on a tipping scale, on which we are on a balance. Nobody has a clue as to what will happen – forget about tomorrow – the very next moment. We live a life of uncertainty, in all ways.
And never say of anything, “Indeed, I will do that tomorrow”
– Al Qura’n – Surah Kahf 18:23
I realize there is no tomorrow in life, it is always today. I have to discover my strengths today, my weaknesses today, create all the inroads today and get closer to Allah today. Nobody guarantees tomorrow for us. So it is for us to take into account this bitter truth and ensure that we take advantage of every second that comes by. One of the biggest lessons I have learned over the past year was this and I would love to ensure to stick to it this year and during my lifetime, InShaAllah… God willing… for sure…
I am always on the look out for easy dinners, which can be whipped up in no time. Sometimes, coming back from office after all the traffic is so stressful that I am really not in a mood to cook anything elaborate. That is when I open my pantry door and stare to check if I have a pack of macaroni or egg noodles. This was one such meal I had prepared with the help of whatever I could find in my pantry and it gave a lovely Indo-Chinese meal. It was wiped out in no time of serving…
Sausage Mixed Vegetables Noodles
- 220 gm pack egg noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 chicken sausages chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp sweet thai chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- Cook the egg noodles as per the instruction of the pack. Drain and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, heat the oil. Add the chopped sausages, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and shallow fry the sausages for around 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and the sauces and cook till the vegetables are done.
- Now add the noodles and mix well till the sauce coats it well.
- Cook on low flame for around 5 minutes on closed lid.
- Serve warm and devour!!!