I leave the introduction for today as is… A quote that gives me a lot of hope, InShaAllah… 🙂
Off to today’s recipe, I have already posted previously the normal way of making neychoru/ ghee rice. Now with the advent of pressure cooker and the increased use of it, everything including biriyani is being made in it. I have to admit that I am one big user of pressure cookers. Once I am home, most of the time, both my flames will be loaded with two different cookers whistling to glory. That is how much I use them and I love them – saves a lot of time and effort, doesn’t it? So when my umma started making neychoru in pressure cooker, I had to learn it from her. When you have unexpected guests coming in, this rice can be made in no time. Let’s see how it is done…
Neychoru/ Ghee Rice - Pressure Cooker Method
- 2 cups Basmati rice washed and drained
- 2 tbsp ghee increase more if you like!
- 3 cloves
- 1 small pc cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamoms
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4 cups hot water
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a large pressure cooker.
- Saute the whole spices till a nice aroma comes.
- Then add the ginger paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the onions and saute till soft.
- Now pour the water in and allow to boil. Then add the drained rice and adjust salt.
- Close the lid and cook on high flame for one whistle.
- Immediately switch off and allow pressure to go on its own.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Instant ghee rice is ready!!!