As I sit to type this post, I realize we are almost half way through Ramadan. This month has been very stressful on all accounts, but trying to take into account that life is always meant for surprises and we need to take it into our stride. With my mood not very conducive for long posts, I think I will just stop over here…
When time is of essence, then quick meals are the call of the day. This masala oats is something I can eat anytime of the day. Just like this paneer capsicum rice, this meal appears very frequently, usually for breakfast. It is so quick to make and so delicious, that you would want to eat it every other day. I have always had oats in sweet form, but this recipe has changed my mindset for good. The whole cooking takes hardly 15 minutes, and you can finish eating it in less than that time. I haven’t added any vegetables to this, but please feel free to add whatever additional you would want to add. The recipe is very flexible and forgiving… 🙂 One super easy recipe that you could try for your suhoor as well… Off to the recipe…
Masala Oats | Easy Savory Oats
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small chilli minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1/2 to mato chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the ghee. Splutter the cumin seeds and fry the chilli.
- Saute the onion and tomato till wilted.
- Add the turmeric powder and toss.
- Add the oats, water and salt to taste and give it a good mix. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, and then simmer. Cook till oats absorbs the water and is done.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.