I love anything to do with pasta or macaroni, as they are my go-to on my lazy days. One dish I make quite frequently when I have some mince is this one. Nice and simple, full of flavors… I would add a dollop cheese or mayonnaise to make it more moist and gulp it down!
- 400 gm macaroni
- 400 gm chicken/beef mince
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 125 gm pack tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Salt to taste
- Cook macaroni till el dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Saute the onions till soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients from tomato paste to salt and cook on low flame for around 10 minutes.
- Finally add in the mince and continue to cook till the mince is done. Add water little by little to ensure that the mince does not stick to the pan.
- Once the mince is cooked, add in the drained macaroni and give it a nice mix to ensure the masala covers the macaroni.
- Keep on low flame with tight lid for around 5 minutes. Switch off and serve warm!