After the Mango Cream, another creamy dessert using mangoes but with more oriental flavors! I love a good muhallabieh and have even made a chocolate version of it. But if I tell you that this one is the best I have tried, then wouldn’t you believe me? 🙂 You should…
I got this recipe from my cut-outs. But it wasn’t this. The recipe was plain muhallabieh with bites of mangoes and the crunch of pistachios. I gave it my own twist by pulping in the mango. The first time I made it, I wasn’t in a mood to click them, so we just enjoyed the whole batch. I made it again the second time only to click it first, and then enjoy it! 😉
If you are doubtful whether the flavors of rose water and orange blossom water gel along with the mango, then I would say “of course”! I feel that mango is such a versatile fruit that gets happily married to any flavor. I have made this several times when we get really sweet mangoes and it has disappeared, with everyone asking for more! This one makes a handy party dessert, that can be served in cute little bowls, with guests raving for them! 🙂
I guess this dessert will rank among some of the best clicks I have taken. Somehow I am struggling with my pictures these days – maybe because I am not shooting as much as I used to, since my schedule is getting tighter by the day. Looking at these, I feel – maybe I can still do it, InShaAllah… 🙂
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup mango pulp
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp corn flour, whisked with ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- Chopped pistachio and chopped mango for garnish
- Whisk the milk, cream and mango pulp together in a saucepan. Bring it to heat on low flame. .
- Add sugar and cook til sugar is melted.
- Whisk in the cornflour slurry into the mixture and whisk till thick.
- Switch off and add the flavors.
- Allow to cool, before pouring into serving bowls.
- Cool them in the refrigerator till set or the time to serve.
- Serve with a sprinkling of pistachios and chopped mangoes.