It feels like ages since I have done my 3 back-to-back recipe series! I don’t know why. Even though I did the blogging marathon last month, I did miss my series, since the pressure is on me to decide the theme and do the posting based on that, without any outside influence. 🙂 So after February, here I am this month…
It was not difficult to choose what to do this month. With the king of fruits slowly coming into the market, what better time than to indulge in some treats? So this time, I am coming with three back-to-back mango treats, which are simple yet delightful to your tastebuds…
The first one is a super simple “Mango Custard Verrine”. What is a verrine, you may wonder. Verrines are normally layered food in see-through shot glasses. It can be sweet or savory. You may wonder how it is different from a parfait. Parfaits are also layered, but desserts in tall glasses with many layers, one which may include frozen treats as well. I understand the difference is mainly in the size of serving. Verrines are small servings while parfaits are tall and more like a meal. I hope that kind of explains. 🙂
If you go through the recipe, you can understand how simple it is to make. All you need is some leftover cake and custard made along with mangoes. I have chopped and added them for a bite, but you can puree and add them to the custard. Just layer them, allow them to settle a little and then dig in! Simple, right? 🙂 So let’s move on without waiting for too long….
Mango Custard Verrines
- 4 muffins crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 heaped tbsp custard powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 large mango chopped
- Strawberries for garnish
- Combine the milk, custard powder and sugar and bring to cook till the custard thickens.
- Add in the chopped mango, mix and switch off the flame.
- Allow to cool and then chill the custard till time to serve.
- Keep four small glasses ready.
- Sprinkle some crumbled muffins in each glass keeping some spare for topping.
- Divide the custard between the four cups.
- Top with the remaining crumbles and strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!