If there is something that my girls love, then it is pizza. I have mentioned it several times before. Of late, HD’s staff’s relative has been getting them a couple of pizza boxes for the past couple of days and we have been eating pizza for suhoor. 😀 My girls, who would otherwise not budge from their milk and cornflakes routine, were all excited to be eating pizza on empty stomach at 4 am in the morning. So I guess I don’t need to tell too much about how much they love pizza, even though their mother’s thoughts are otherwise. Hehe…
So after the Kadala Pola and the spring rolls, I wanted to post my simple bread pizza which is something we make every Ramadan at least a couple of times. I like to make the topping with mince, for the main reason that it defrosts and cooks so much faster than chicken or meat. I hardly add too many things to it, except some capsicum so tinily cut that they can’t pull it out with their fingers and it will land up in their tummy. 😉 If I have sliced olives in stock, I add that too. A dash of tomato paste, some oregano for that pizza like taste, the topping and of course the cheese on top of the bread, a little baking and your snack is done. If the girls had a choice, they would have asked me to make this every second day, but then I being their ummi, mostly keeps that choice. Hehe… Off to the recipe…
Kheema Bread Pizza
- 400 gm pack chicken mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum into small pcs
- Tomato paste as needed
- Dried oregano as needed
- Mozarella cheese as needed
- Bread slices - I used 10 large slices
- Wash and drain the chicken mince.
- Heat oil, slightly fry the ginger garlic paste. Add the mince, onion, turmeric powder and seasonings.
- Cook till the mince is done, Keep breaking with your spatula in between to avoid clumping.
- Add the capsicum, cook for another couple of minutes and switch off. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray.
- Arrange bread slices. Slather with a thin layer of tomato paste. Sprinkle oregano as needed. Spread a layer of the filling and top with the cheese. Repeat till done.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, just till the cheese is melted. Do not bake for too long, or else you will have really crusty bread.
- Serve warm.