A simple pakora aka fritters made with minced meat…
I am trying to see what I can write about. Ramadan is flying in full speed like it does every year. Alhamdulillah, so far it has felt productive than it has been over the previous years. However, the benefit of the month is always decided by Allah, so like everyone, I want to try and be as better as possible…
Going quickly into today’s recipe without further ado… This year, my cooking has been limited to making our favorites at home. I haven’t been trying too many new dishes, just because I don’t want to waste my time in the kitchen. Having said that, it is getting hotter by the day and doesn’t feel like April, which is more why I don’t want to be in the kitchen. Hehe… I saw these pakoras made by a couple of my fellow bloggers and wanted to explore it myself. My girls love the chicken pakora, but it is a little bit of work. This one is very simple. Since the pakoras use mince meat, it is really easy to make. You just need to add all the ingredients to the thawed mince, mix, add spoonful and fry. The girls really loved so did HD. I am sure this is going to be a repeat in the house whenever I have mince in my fridge. I have used chicken here, you can use any mince of your choice… Off to the recipe…
Keema Pakora | Minced Meat Fritters
- 400 gm chicken mince
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes use green chillies instead
- 3 tbsp besan flour
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Oil to deep fry
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix till well combined.
- Heat oil in a kadai till hot. Drop spoonfuls of the batter and fry till golden brown.
- Drain and set aside. Serve warm with dips of choice.