I love easy desserts. There’s nothing to beat the feeling of being able to make something quickly and dump it into the fridge, especially when you have sudden guests coming. I got this recipe at the back of a coconut powder box and was really not sure how it would turn out to be. But to my pleasant surprise, it was a nice and simple tasting dessert.
Linking it to the CWL Spouse event hosted by Hema’s Adugemane…
Haupia - Hawaiian Coconut Milk Pudding
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tbsp sugar (upto taste)
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Pour one cup coconut milk into a saucepan.
- Mix sugar and cornflour into it till no lumps and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add in vanilla and cook on low flame till mixture thickens.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and milk and continue to heat till it thickens again.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch square pan and chill until firm.
- Top with toasted coconut and enjoy!
- The recipe is flexible that you can adjust the cornflour and sugar as per your taste. I bet this is one recipe that I will keep preparing again, on those lazy days! 🙂