Since this blog is like my collection point of quotes and reads that attract my fancy, here is one that I would love to store to read for the days to come, InShaAllah… 🙂
Since there is a mention of coffee in the above little poem, what better recipe to share today! I would vouch for these muffins for breakfast. Seriously… Wanting to be free to rack my head as to what to make for breakfast, I baked these beauties at night, but then in the morning, they just tasted delish. I packed them for the kids, I bought some to the office and duly enjoyed them with a cup of warm milk. Definitely, I would bake these again and again when I crave for the coffee flavor in my muffins than in my mug… 🙂 Just my type – eggless, whisk and mix types! As usual, this recipe was one of those Google searches that I mixed and matched while making.
Eggless Wholewheat Coffee Muffins
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 1/4 cup whisked yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep ready cupcake liners (makes 9-10)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and in a bowl and set aside.
- Dilute coffee into the warm milk. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the yogurt, oil and sugar and whisk till smooth.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well. Do not over-mix.
- Pour into cupcake liners up to 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes or till skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and serve with a cup of milk!!!