Time to write about the weather! Come October and my favorite part of the year starts. This month and the next are the best for all sorts of outdoor activities – barbeque, beach, road trips, just about anything. You can shun the malls and be out more. The sun doesn’t hit you hard even in the afternoons, which is such a joy and relief, Alhamdulillah. Even though we haven’t moving out much recently thanks to HD’s packed schedules, I am already looking at options to go on for the coming months – some long drives and trips that will keep the kids engaged and will free up our minds too. InShaAllah, let’s see how it goes… 🙂
Meanwhile, coming back to one of my favorite lazy breakfast – the overnight oats. I have already shared a few on the blog previously and today what I have is just one more added to the list. Though the oats stays overnight, we do the grilling of the pineapple and toasting of the nuts freshly and add them to the prepared oats. Grilling the pineapple brings out its flavor and the pecans and cinnamon give a lovely crunch and aroma to the oats. You can just chop up the pineapples and add in if you are feeling super lazy, but you will miss the taste of what grilling does to it. 🙂 Off to this super quick recipe…
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp raw sugar + more
- 2 slices pineapple
- 5-6 pecans, crushed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Mix the milk, oats and sugar and leave in a closed bowl overnight.
- Heat a pan. Sprinkle little raw sugar on one side of the pineapple and keep that side down on the hot pan. Keep for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle some more sugar on the up side and flip. Flip back and forth till the pineapple gets a caramelised color. Take out and reserve.
- Put the pecan and toast on the pan for a few seconds. Take out.
- Empty the overnight oats into the bowl. Chop in the pineapple, toss in the pecans and sprinkle in the cinnamon. Enjoy...