Sometimes, we need to continuously tell ourselves that whatever we go through is for our good, at all times. Just a little slide for motivation! 🙂
One more to the microwave cooking series… This is a nice quick fix dal, which nicely paired with rotis and was truly relished. I referred to a Tarla Dalal recipe to make this and was mighty pleased with the result. Without much talking about it, let’s quickly move into the recipe… To view other microwave recipes, do check out here!
Dal Fry ~ Microwave Version
- 1/3 cup masoor dal
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1 1/2 tsp ghee
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions minced
- 1 to mato chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash both the dal properly. Drain.
- Microwave for a minute. Grind the dal to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Empty the dal paste into a large bowl and add 2 cups of water.
- Microwave for 14 minutes, stirring after every 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In another microwave bowl, put 1 tsp ghee and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add cumin and onions, mix well. Microwave for one minute.
- Now add the remaining ingredients, mix well and microwave for one minute.
- Add this to the boiled dal, along with 1/2 cup of water and the remaining 1/2 tsp ghee and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm with rotis!