A little reminder for the day… Nothing needs to accompany this already heavy wordings, I think so… 🙂 I have learned it the hard way and Alhamdulillah, I don’t compel myself now to understand why certain things happen, because Allah has no need to explain to us what is happening in our life at the moment. He loves us more when we wait patiently for things to unfold by itself and come up with an answer, InShaAllah… 🙂
Daal or lentils would have featured every other day in my house if the folks were fond of it. 🙁 I love lentils, whole or split, in any form – curries, soups or salads! They are filling and can be tricky to make them appetizing but somehow I am finding ways to make it appetising. Love daals? Then check out this link for various options! This is one variation of daal curry that I really love. Already, I have conveyed many times how much I love anything with coconut and its derivatives, so this curry gets a soft corner from me. A simple preparation that can be done in a jiffy and relished wholeheartedly… I would suggest to try this with neychoru and the Mangalore Chicken Sukka, and it is a meal to kill!
Posted on this day:
2013: Beef Dal Mash
Daal (Lentil) Coconut Milk Curry
- 1/2 cup masoor dal
- 2 cup water
- 2 green chillies slit
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 200 ml thin coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 6 shallots sliced
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- Combine ingredients from dal to salt in a pressure cooker and cook on high for one whistle. Switch off and allow the pressure to go.
- Open the lid and pour in the coconut milk. Give a good stir and keep on low flame to simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a kadai. Splutter mustard seeds, fry the cumin seeds.
- Add in the curry leaves and allow to sizzle. Add in the shallots and saute till it wilts.
- Add in the chilli powder and cook for another two minutes.
- Switch off and put into the simmering daal mixture. Mix well and allow to simmer for another five minutes.
- Serve warm... taste amazing with neychoru!