Each time I land up on some new ingredient, apart from eating it to know its taste, I am always thinking what to cook up with it. Hehe… I guess that is in every food blogger or forget about it, if you are not a blogger, a foodie would do this as well. With different types of berries in season now, I am trying my maximum to explore cooking with them, as if there is no tomorrow. 😉 After making this blueberry smoothie, this is what I made with this fruit. A very simple, dump and mix type of recipe that yields mildly sweet muffins, perfect for breakfast – this recipe was fodder to my eager mind plus didn’t even make me waste any energy to make this. Since it uses oil instead of butter, there is no waiting time for melting. In every way, the muffin justifies its title. If you have some blueberries in hand and want to make something super simple, then look no further!
Posted on this day previously:
2014: Strawberry Lassi
2015: Carrot Pulao
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 small egg, beaten
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- Raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a 6 muffin pan and keep ready.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk till well combined.
- Add the egg, oil and milk and fold in till done - do not overbeat!
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin liners and sprinkle some raw sugar on top of each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy with a cup of coffee!