I have posted so many biriyanis on my blog, yet, never posted the recipe of a raita. All of them have their own way of making raita, which is an awesome combination with biriyani any time. The way I make it at home, I do a mixture of how my HD likes it (with ginger and pepper) and how an aunt of mine used to make it (with a tinge of mayonnaise). The ginger and pepper gives the calming effect while the mayonnaise increases the creaminess of the raita. Off to this very good friend of biriyani… 🙂
OK, so that calls for what is going to come up next on the blog – a biriyani recipe, of course! 😉
Cucumber Onion Raita
- 500 ml thick yogurt
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- A dash of salt and pepper
- Chop the cucumbers into small peices.
- Chop the onions also into bit sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately with biriyanis or pulaos.