Going off to the recipe for today, as usual as I always crib, pulses are not something that my household fellas take in quite happily. It takes a bit of work to ensure that there is nothing left in the bowl. I love to add coconut milk into my curries as it gives a different flavor altogether and was mighty pleased with this curry, which went down so well with some chappathis. It would taste awesome with batturas as well. Sharing it with all of you… 🙂
Chickpeas/ Channa Masala in Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup chickpeas washed and soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 onions sliced thinly
- 3 green chillies slit
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 small packet 70 gm tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in your pressure cooker. Splutter the mustard seeds.
- Saute the curry leaves for a minute. Add in the onions and green chillies and saute till the onions become soft.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Put in the tomato paste and cook for a further 5 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
- Add in the masalas and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add in the coconut milk and mix well into a thick paste. Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Finally add in the washed and soaked chickpeas and the water, adjust the salt and pressure cook the chickpeas till done.
- Serve hot with chappathis or batturas!