Off to the recipe of the day, since I posted the Chicken Liver Roast sometime back, I had a few comments of concern from my fellow blogger friends as to how unhealthy chicken liver can be compared to mutton liver, mainly because of the injections that are provided to chicken these days to quicken up their growth process. Seriously, it did make me feel quite jittery that we have reduced our chicken liver consumption a lot. As soon as I read the comments, I had a little discussion with umma and she was all the more worried. Now, having chicken liver is something very rare. This curry was prepared sometime back to finish off one lone pack of liver in the fridge. Since the curry turned out quite good, I thought of posting it here for my records in case if I make it again or for others, who may be on a look out for finishing off their stock of chicken liver… either way, it helps, right? 😉
Chicken Liver Curry
- 400 gm chicken liver
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 green chillies slit lenghtwise
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 70 gm packet tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Clean the liver and set to drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add in the onions and green chillies with a pinch of salt and saute till soft.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste and the tomato paste and saute for around five minutes till the raw smell of the paste goes.
- Now add in the masala powders and saute for at least 10 minutes, till the masala turn into a dark color.
- Add in 1/2 cup of water (not more, as the liver will release water), the drained liver pieces and salt and cook with a closed lid on low to medium flame till the liver is soft and well cooked.
- Garnish with curry leaves or coriander leaves and serve warm with chappathis!