Having been on and off from blogging for the past three weeks has also left me a bit drained and the mojo is clearly missing. I guess once I fire up my cooking and get things back to normal, I may be able to go back to the same zest with which I used to blog. Till then, let me share with you a very healthy way of starting your day – the benefits of oats, dates and honey are known to everybody so combining up everything together into one bowl does sound like a fantastic idea. I love the way the dates bite while sipping on the oats… Off to the recipe…
Oats Porridge with Dates and Honey
- 1 large cup water
- A pinch cardamom
- A pinch cinnamon
- A pinch salt
- 3 heaped tbsp instant oats
- 2 tbsp milk
- 6 dates chopped
- 1 tbsp honey increase for sweetness
- Mix in the ingredients from water to oats in a small saucepan, and bring to boil. Once the oats start thickening, add in the milk and just allow to heat. Switch off the flame, add in the dates and the honey.
- Dig in to a healthy breakfast!!!
2. Increase the quantity of oats if you want your porridge to be even more thicker.