I was not sure if I do make them, how my home-fellows would accept them. But I thought I would take the risk. This is a very easy smooth way of ensuring that dinner is on the table without too much of hard work. What more, there is the goodness of vegetables and the richness of cheese that makes the muffin hard to resist. You can very well make it without the sausages, which I added so that the kids would at least have a look at it. Azza had half – there were too big for her, while Rasha spend a lot of time fishing out the peas and eating the rest. So much so for my fussy kids! The men enjoyed it with a nice dose of tomato ketchup and chilli sauce, while I helped myself with some chilli sauce. After making this, I felt, I should have added one sachet of seasoning powder for an extra punch! Hehe… Off to the way I made it…
Cheese Vegetable Sausage Muffins
- 2/3 cup wholewheat flour
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup grated mozarella cheese
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 small potato grated
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 sausages chopped
- 3 tbsp corn kernels
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 40 gm butter melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep ready large silicon muffin cups or line 8 normal muffins in a pan.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and whisk well till combined.
- Stir in all the vegetables, sausages and mozarella cheese into the flour and mix well.
- Beat egg and milk well with a whisk. Add the melted butter and whisk well.
- Add in all the seasonings and whisk finally.
- Add into the dry ingredients and fold till the whole mixture is wet.
- Divide equally into each muffin cup and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, till the center when tested with a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve warm with some ketchup or chilli sauce...