The ultimate chewy, fudgy brownies with the best crispy edge ever!
Hello, hello… I hope no one missed me around here. 😀 My schedule has totally been off more than I expected, but Alhamdulillah, I am just happy to be back on this little space of mine. It hurts me that it has been consistently slowing down despite the amount of work put in on this blog, but sometimes I do feel that it is beyond my thought process, and I just need to let the whole thing be to continue to enjoy blogging as such.
I had gone home as mentioned in my second last post, but instead of two weeks, I ended up staying a little over three weeks. A lot of decision making later, I decided to come back without completing my TMJ treatment, mainly because the thought of going back home every two months for follow up was not a financially viable option at the moment. I will however continue the treatment from here, for a more relaxed mind. I have also joined up a course to keep myself busy, as I sink myself into hunting another employment opportunity for myself. Being home is not something I enjoy and I would rather have a busy mind trying to sort out things and being a little independent. Hehe… Wish me luck!
While wondering what to post after this mini break, the recipe that popped into my mind were these amazing brownies that I discovered from this post. I have always mentioned that I love brownies in any form, be it fudgy or cakey. My absolute favorites were the fat-free brownies and the fudge brownies, before I made these and fell in love with them. I baked them first when my sister visited in December last year. However, in the recipe, the size of the pan wasn’t clear. I ended up baking in a smaller pan and the mixture overflowed, messing up my oven. However, it was such a delight to eat! We literally ended up cleaning the pan the same day. I ended up baking this three more times after this experience.
If you are looking for a brownie that looks beautiful and picture perfect, then this one isn’t. It is more of a messy yummy deliciousness, if it means anything! The brownie is extremely rich, and hence it is a treat. Once the brownie comes out of the oven, it will look like one layer. However, once it cools, the sides stick to the pan and becomes a crunchy, gooey layer. The rest of the brownie becomes absolutely chewy and fudgey. If you ask me personally, I loved the edge. I am someone who eat the edges of my bakes, and this edge was something that I absolutely loved. While doing this post, I am tempted to bake these as soon as I stock my freezer with some butter… 😉
The Ultimate Chewy Brownies!
- 120 gm butter
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt coarse
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Sea salt, nuts and/or chocolate for topping
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, chocolate, cream and coffee powder. Allow to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla till fluffy and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture and beat till combined.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour and salt into the mixture. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Fold till just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Crush salt on top (highly recommended!) and/or nuts and chocolate or choice.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Dig in!