Something that I learned full fledged is what I am sharing with you today. There was a time when I used to work hard to please everybody. I loved it when everybody felt happy with what I did and was really pleased with me. Slowly I came to realize that it is not easy. You end up giving up a part of your true self in that process. At one point, I had to stop and think – is it worth it? Trying to please everyone brings only disappointments – either you are not able to meet their high expectations or you are doing something that compromises with your values. Each time we try to keep everybody happy, there will come a time when you feel frustrated about yourself. Also, the longing of wanting to be what you want to be also comes by the way. After having struggled with a lot of internal push and pulls, finally I gave up my dirty habit and I am so much in peace with myself. Allah has given goodness in everybody, people who have to see it will definitely see it. There is no requirement to prove your goodness to anybody who is not willing to look into it. Aah… so much for heavy talks – again!!! 🙂
- 3 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green chillies, slit
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan. Let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Fry the curry leaves for a few seconds.
- Now add in the carrots, chillies, turmeric and salt and cook on low flame till done!!!
2. Cook with an open lid so that there will be no moisture, otherwise the dripping from the lid will make the carrot too soggy.