I guess I have quite a bit of banana bakes already and you will see many more coming InShaAllah. I love banana bakes, irrespective of whether the kids love it or not. This awesome muffin was baked when I was off from work one day. Before Rasha woke up, I wanted to surprise her with some freshly baked muffins. Quickly I put myself into my act, enjoyed the whole process and loved the aroma in the kitchen. After all, banana and cinnamon cannot fail to tantalize your smell buds as much as they can to your taste buds. Unfortunately, she did not touch it! “Ummi, does this have banana?”, she asked just by the look of it. “How did you know?” I was really surprised! “The smell tells it, ummi!” That time, my motherly guilt hit me badly. I realized she is not fond of banana in bakes. I have seen her eating whatever I give her but I did not know that she did it because she didn’t want to waste. I begged and prompted her to have a piece but she didn’t. For all the excitement I had, this was really a de-motivator. But I respect the fact that she finally opened it up to me. At least I know now that my madness for bananas must not hinder the kids’ enjoyment to have what I bake! Having said that, these muffins were just too good with a cup of coffee. I gulped down a couple of them as soon as she left for school. And yes, you can see… morning photography that is so rare on the blog… 🙂
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 scant tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Keep your muffin pan or liners ready.
- Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk till well combined and fluffy.
- Add the oil and mix well. Add in the bananas and vanilla and mix finally.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add it to the wet ingredients and mix till moist. Do not over-mix.
- Pour into liners till 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes for normal muffins or 25 minutes for large muffins (like I did!) till skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a cup of milk! Yummm...