A viral TikTok rage pasta, made with baked cherry tomato and feta cheese…
Sometimes, you stare at super simple recipes, but because you are not sure if it will be eaten up by your folks, you tend to keep it at the back of your mind. That is exactly what happened when I saw many of my fellow food bloggers trying it across various platforms. Finally, when I signed up for the theme “Don’t be Cheesy” in the Blogging Marathon #151, I decided to make it. My initial plan was something else, but as always, I end up going against my plan A.
The beauty of this dish is the ease of making it. All you need to do is bake the tomato and a block of feta cheese with some basic ingredients till done, cook the pasta till el-dente and then mix both together before you eat it. It is too simple to be true… Hehe… Just as I expected, my girls nitpicked on the tomato skin and ate the rest. I was actually surprised by how delicious it tasted. Since feta cheese is salty in itself, I didn’t add any additional salt, and it was seasoned well enough by itself. I feel it will be a lovely recipe to make as a nice side dish if you have guests for dinner, simply because it tastes different in a nice way. If you haven’t tried it yet, do give it a try… It is definitely a one-time must try, that may become a regular… And can I tell you, that this is my first recipe on the blog with feta? 😀
Baked Tomato Feta Cheese Pasta
- 200 gm feta cheese one block
- 350 gm cherry tomatoes 1 box
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper crushed
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- Salt to taste
- 200 gm pasta
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a baking tray, keep the feta cheese in the center. Sprinkle the tomatoes all around.
- Sprinkle ingredients from olive oil to black pepper all over.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in lots of water, little salt and a little olive oil, till done. Drain and set aside. Reserve the pasta water.
- Take out the tray. Using a spatula, mash the cheese and tomatoes, and give the whole mixture a good stir. Add salt if needed.
- Add the cooked pasta, give it a good toss. Add some pasta water if the mixture appears too dry.
- Serve immediately hot and enjoy.