Off to the recipe today, how much I love this chicken curry, I have no words to say. Saffron is easily my favorite spice. If it wouldn’t have been so expensive, I would have sneaked it into everything that I make! The aroma of this spice coupled with the color makes me go round! I always have a little box handy so that I can put it into any recipe which demands it. The time I saw this recipe, I had to try it, more than to eat it, for enjoying the smell. And awesome, it was! The whole kitchen was filled with the enticing aroma of saffron… Should try it once to get the feel… Recipe courtesy: Masala Mornings
Linking this to the Side Dish Mela Event by Cooking for All Seasons…
Zafrani Chicken Masala
- 1 kg chicken cut into meduim pecies
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cardamoms slightly crushed
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 small pc cinnamon
- 3 large onions sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cihilli powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 cup yogurt slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 8-10 strands saffron
- 1 tsp kewra essence
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the whole spices and onion and cook the onions till translucent.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder and coriander powder and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for around 5 minutes or till the stock oozes out.
- Add in the yogurt, water and safron and cook with a closed lid till chicken is done.
- Finally, sprinkle in the garam masala and kewra essesnce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with rotis or rice...