Off to today’s recipe, if you are bored of your normal egg curries, here is a different one for you. Again one that I discovered during one of my “Google” searches and loved it to the core. I guess I’ve already mentioned how much I love browsing through my phone for cooking ideas. I keep doing it every time, and thankfully all the time, I keep getting good results. It’s not that I take out the recipe completely, but read a few versions, mix and match and put it into experimentation. I never thought eggs and peas would make a wonderful combination and the addition of milk into the curry is a bonus!
Egg Peas Curry
- 6 eggs boiled, shelled and cut into four peices
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 3 green chillies slit
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Saute the onion with a pinch of salt till it becomes golden brown.
- Add the cumin powder and mustard seeds and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the pastes and the green chillies and saute for five minutes.
- Add in the green peas, chilli powder and turmeric powder and cook for another five minutes till the raw smell of the masalas are gone.
- Now add in the tomato paste, the milk and 1/2 cup of water and cook on low flame till the mixture boils.
- Add in the cut eggs and the remaining water, adjust salt and leave on low flame for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the garam masala powder and switch off the flame.
- Serve warm with chapathis!
2. The curry is quite dry, add more water if more curry is required.