Sharing with you another banana bread, that was really fudgy. This recipe was shared by Mrs. Prachi Agarwal, who runs the popular food sharing group called ChatniSonth on FB. The time she shared it, there were a few reasons that I really wanted to try this, definitely apart from the bananas – the spices and the ghee! I mean, using ghee instead of butter or oil was something that really pushed me to try it. And as though it was perfect fodder, I had some pure ghee that was about to expire in a week’s time – yep, I forgot about it completely and bought another dabba of ghee, leaving it in one corner of the pantry to peep into its “best before” date! I baked this the previous night and had it for breakfast. The slices were slight crumbly, but the bread was absolutely moist, mildly flavored and sweet… I really don’t remember how much of this bread was gobbled down by myself over the course of the day, as it was a weekend as well… 😉
Linking it to “Come join us for Breakfast” event by Cooking for All Seasons…
Wholewheat Spiced Banana Bread
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 tbsp pure ghee
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a small loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the bananas, add each ingredient one by one and use a whisk to combine to a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and tap gently to flatten the top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, till the tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then cool on the rack till completely cooled.
- Slice and wash down with a cup of tea or coffee... or just like I did, a cup of green tea with honey...