Sharing with you today an easy chicken curry, that hardly takes any time but tastes awesome… This recipe is adapted from a cookbook that I have of the Big Chef Noushad. Most of his recipes are a breeze to follow, and this one is no different. I love the taste of ghee that permeates through this gravy, though I have used it in very small amount. I have already made this curry several times as it hardly takes time to get done! Off to the recipe…
Chicken Ghee Roast
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 6 cloves garlic pounded
- 1 large pc ginger pounded
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 2 medium onions minced
- 2 heaped tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 750 gm chicken cut into medium pieces and cleaned
- 1 meduim tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat half the ghee in a saucepan. Saute the ginger and garlic along with chillies till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the coriander and chilli powders and fry till dark - ensure not to burn!
- Now add the chicken along with some salt, mix well.
- Cook on medium-low flame with a closed lid till the chicken is almost done. Keep stirring in between.
- Add in the tomato, coriander leaves and kasuri methi along with the remaining ghee. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with rotis or naan!