Off to a sweet post, as I am feeling all so sweet, hehe… Pannacotta is an Italian dessert, which basically means cooked cream. Cream, milk and sugar cooked and set using gelatine… it is indulgence at its best. It’s a very simple dessert, which is the best after a heavy lunch or dinner… A dessert that my HD really loved – to satisfy his disinterest in sweet stuff is a real challenge and if he says he liked it, then that means he loved it! Hehe… just like how he liked the Creme au Chocolat. I just went for a normaly vanilla flavoring, and topped it with some melted nutella for an extra sugar kick… 🙂
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 250 ml milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 gm sachet gelatin
- Empty the gelatin into 1/2 cup hot water and mix well till melted. Set aside.
- Into a saucepan, mix cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract and cook on low flame till just hot.
- Add in the gelatin water and mix well and cook for another few minutes just to ensure that the gelatin is well melted.
- Switch off the flame and pour into ramekins.
- Once cool, pour into four ramekins refrigerate for a couple of hours till well set.
- Serve with a topping of your choice. I served it with a scoop of melted Nutella - delicious!!!