It’s weekend and I am at home. I hate the feeling of being stuck at home when I can at least be going to a mall and doing window shopping. Khair, no point in complaining, right? Maybe this time is a lesson for me to just slow down!!! Hehe…
Having posted the Thalassery Chicken Dum Biriyani yesterday, I thought I should not be leaving out the Thenga Chammanthi that we so often have with our biriyanis whenever possible. Along with raita and pappad, this chammanthi gives an added flavor to the whole experience of eating a biriyani.
I am really excited about the coming week as far as my blog is concerned. Hope you guys will all be with me during this exciting time… Wishing all you a wonderful day and weekend ahead… 🙂
Thenga Chammanthy/ Coconut Chutney
Recipe type: Accompaniments
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut (please do not substitute with anything else!)
- 2 tbsp curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1-2 green chillies (depending upon spiciness)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- Put all ingredients into a grinder and grind till well combined.
- Serve along with any biriyani or pulao as an accompaniment.