After sitting out of the Blogging Marathon last month, here I am participating in two weeks this month. Since I will be travelling back home next month, I thought of not missing it this month. The first theme I have chosen for the Blogging Marathon #78 was “Oceanic Cuisine”.
Oceanic countries are basically countries which are surrounded by two or more oceans. I did skim through the list several times to decide on which country to cook from. Although my head had millions of ideas, I settled down for the easiest options that I could search for. 😉 Here goes the first one…
The first country I chose to cook from is Thailand and since mangoes are still available, I decided to make this delicious mango pudding with a coconut milk base. Searching on Google gave me several options of puddings set with agar agar/ China grass or gelatin, however a deep search landed me on this recipe. I lost the link from where I referred this from. 🙁 I love eggy puddings and hence chose to make this with three eggs. The process is straight-forward – whisk up all ingredients and cook till the mixture is custard-like. Then you just need to set it till done.
I cooked it up on a Friday when the girls were around and both of them literally licked their bowls and asked for a second serving. 🙂 The pudding was really delicious. After all, anything with mangoes in it have to be a winner, right? Off to the recipe…
- 1 cup mango pulp
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornflour, whisked with ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and whisk till smooth.
- Keep on low flame and cook, stirring occasionally till the mixture comes to a custard consistency.
- Switch off, divide between 6 150 ml dessert cups and allow it to come to room temperature. Cover with cling film to avoid skin formation.
- Keep in the fridge to set completely or till time to serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to see what the other Blogging Marathoners are doing this BM#78.