I just didn’t know what to call this, so named it “Super Easy”. It is a really lazy recipe… a really lazy one. It was made up with all leftovers – an opened pack of puff pastry threatening to go dry (and it did become partly, as you can see from the texture!), an unused pack of soup powder, a half used rotissries chicken which was part skeleton… This bring me to a point – when you buy or make full chicken, does it get wiped out completely? In my home, every bone part disappears except the chest portion which either I have to eat or recycle into a new dish! Umma would always shred it and add it sauteed onion and tomato, and that would be our breakfast with bread next morning. Coming back, so putting together all of these, I made this light dinner, which surprisingly my picky eaters at home loved it!
If you are in an elaborate mood, you could very well try this Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie!
Super Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 sachet Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup leftover rotisserie chicken shredded
- 2-3 tbsp mixed vegetables I added only green peas
- 4 small sheets puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Keep four ramekins ready.
- Combine the soup powder and water in a saucepan and mix till no lumps.
- Start cooking on medium-low flame till it thickens.
- Add the chicken and the vegetable and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Divide equally among the four ramekins. Top with a puff pastry sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes till the pastry is cooked. Allow to cool slightly. Dig in!