Strawberries are slowly fading, though not completely. It is just getting slightly a bit expensive every week. I still keep buying boxes whenever I find them at a good deal. I am looking at making some compote and topping them up for some pannacotta… but at the moment they are still a part of a dream! Ahem… hehe… meanwhile, let us enjoy this really simple strawberry fro-yo! I have adapted this recipe from a cut-out from one of my favorite food magazines, BBC Good Food. Just three ingredients, if you like the combination of sweet and tangy, then this one is for you. More that the kids, it was the adults who enjoyed it. Since I slept off after keeping it in the fridge, I had a problem with the crystal formation. But after keeping it in room temperature for sometime, beating it and then refreezing them gave me a better texture. Off to the way I made it…
Seeing the above pictures, I always wish I could get to shoot daily in day light… Alhamdulillah, longer days are coming so that is kind of a motivator for me! 🙂
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 225 gm strawberries
- 750 ml yogurt
- 2/3 cup condensed milk
- Allow the yogurt to drain over a muslin cloth for 3 to 4 hours, till almost all the whey is drained.
- Blitz the strawberry using a hand blender till done. You may leave some bites.
- Add in the drained yogurt and condensed milk and whisk well till combined.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours. It is better to beat every two hours to beat ice crystals.
- To serve, leave out for 15 minutes before scooping out into bowls and enjoying!