An easy cookie recipe with lots of colorful sprinkles…
I have always mentioned that even though I love to eat cookies, I am not very fond of baking it. I feel the whole task of making cookies a bit cumbersome. Hehe, yes, I can attribute it to my laziness. So when Valli declared the theme of “Kids Delight – Cookies” for the Blogging Marathon #147, I decided to take it up, and add a couple of more cookies to my little stash of cookie recipes on the blog. 😉
Azza has this habit of baking when she gets bored, and she relies on TikTok for all her ideas. I am an anti-TikTok person, but Azza and HD totally love the app. I agree that the app is home to many viral recipes these days, like the Dalgona and the Custard Toast. So I shouldn’t be writing it off completely. Hehe… Anyway, she made these sprinkle cookies from this link and they turned out to be really delicious. The recipe uses cold butter instead of softened butter, so beating it is a little bit of work, but the cookie dough comes together really quickly and bakes equally fast because of the size. It is a small batch and hence takes such little time. The girls literally gobbled it up. The recipe is different from the sugar cookie I have posted earlier because of the use of baking soda instead of baking powder. Off to this easy recipe…
Sprinkle Sugar Cookies | Small Batch Easy Sugar Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter cold, slightly soft
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- A dash of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar till combined. You can use your electric beater or with a spatula.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold in till you have a dough. Divide into 6 cookies and keep on the parchment paper with an inch spacing between each of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till it is spread yet soft. Cool on a rack till it hardens.