Simple joys of life is what I call this meal – a mix of proteins ,carbs and greens! 😛 We all do this, don’t we? – pick up what’s there in the fridge, pull out whatever is there in the spice section, and just put up a meal. This one was one of those, which was wiped up clean. I normally like to cut chicken on my own, but at times, when I am in a hurry, I order from the supermarket nearby and they cut such small and tardy pieces, since they use a machine. I find it convenient to make curry, since it cooks faster, but you can never make out which is the leg or the breast piece, it all looks the same! 😀 But it cooks really fast, whether on the stove or in the oven, so I do like it for such meals. 🙂
You can pair this up with a simple green salad or some chapathis, if you really want to eat your carbs at night. Either way, it’s delicious. On a cold night, a warm soup on the side is all that you need… Sometimes, I thank Allah for giving me men folk in my life, who would eat meals like this, that wouldn’t take too much of your effort and time! Hehe… All you need to do is to put a reminder half way through to toss up that whole platter so that the chicken cooks properly… Off to the recipe…
- 500 gm chicken, cut into small peices
- 1 small broccoli, florets separated
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (I used oregano, thyme, parsley and rosemary)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, minced
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Keep a roasting pan ready.
- Soak the potatoes in boiling water for five minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk ingredients from salt to olive oil till well combined. Add the chicken, broccoli and potatoes and toss up well.
- Spread them on the roasting pan and drizzle all the remaining marinade.
- Bake for 40 minutes, tossing the mixture in between to cook well.
- Serve hot as is or with soup as side.