I first had these cheesy egg croissants at Dunkin Donuts here. It just goes so well with a cup of their coffee. After having it at the store, I really wanted to make it at home, just for the simple reason that it is so easy to make plus it hardly costs anything to make it at home. While I paid almost Dhs. 12/- for this sandwich, when I calculate what goes into it, I spent only one-third of that cost! Actually, it is always that way still thanks to our laziness, we love to pay the hefty amount to make us feel nice. 🙂 If you crave for a decked up croissant, then just try this. I am sure you will definitely love it… 🙂
I had made a similar sandwich in bread before – do check out that the scrambled egg cheese sandwich…
- 2 plain croissant, store bought
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Warm the croissants, cut through the center and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Break in the eggs, sprinkle salt and pepper and scramble the eggs till done.
- Place one cheese slice on one croissant, put half the scrambled egg and close the croissant.
- Leave till the cheese melts in the heat of the egg.
- Have it warm with a cup of hot coffee!!!