For me, coffee is reserved for my down moods. I drink tea when I am really pepped up, but I drink coffee when I feel low. I really don’t know why… The aroma, the taste really add the zing in me to get going. Even while going back from work to home, if I am really stressed up, I would always prefer the coffee over the tea, anytime… Just like it took time to master my perfect cup of chai, making a perfect cup of coffee was not a cake walk, at least not easier than making tea as far as I am concerned. I guess the first step is to create a rapport with a brand of coffee. For me, it has to be Bru. Nothing can beat the taste for me apart from Bru. What smell it wafts all across when you boil it in hot water… Hmmmm…… Going on to how I make it…
Before I sign off from today’s post, let me leave you with another coffee quote:
- 1 mug water
- A pinch cardamom (optional)
- 1 heaped teaspoon coffee (Bru for sure!!)
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp coffee creamer (Coffeemate or any brand)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Heat water in your teapot. Add in the cardamom.
- Once the heating reaches half way through, add the coffee powder and let boil.
- Once the mixture boils, lower the flame and leave for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining ingredients into your mug.
- Switch off the flame, and pour half the coffee concoction.
- Stir well without lumps and pour it back into the saucepan. Mix well again.
- Now pour the whole coffee into your mug.
- Enjoy slurping it with a plate of hot hot bhajiyaas... 😉