Today I am sharing with you a nice moist banana cake, one of the best that I have baked. I have baked this a couple of times with all purpose flour. This time for the blog, I made it with a mix of all purpose and wholewheat flour and loved it even more! This is one of the best cakes to go with an awesome cup of tea for breakfast. Nicely spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and mildly sweet, you cannot stop with one piece, I guarantee you that… Recipe adapted from here
Moist Banana Cake
- 1 cup wholewheat flour aatta
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and flour a large loaf pan.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat eggs till frothy. Add the sugar and beat till the eggs become pale and thick.
- Pour in the oil and beat till combined. Finally add the vanilla essence and beat.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold using a spatula.
- Add in the mashed banana and cinnamon powders and give it a final mix.
- Pour into the pan and tap to flatten the top.
- Bake for 50 to 70 minutes (took me 65 minutes) till a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee... or just as it is!
Add some walnuts, if in a mood for a crunch!