I guess enough of mushiness… this pizza was made during a lazy lunch. Wanting to make it a bit healthy, I made the base with wholewheat alone and tried out to see how it would fare. Though it was dense. it did give a good flavor. Unfortunately, all-purpose flour always tastes much better but still doesn’t mean that you keep using it all the time, thanks to what all you get to hear about including it too much into your diet. Anything without chicken is normally not entertained at home, so I had to add the chicken for the sake of kids but do skip it if you do not want it. After all, pizza is all about being creative, right? 🙂
Mini Chicken Pizza with Wholewheat Base
- FOR THE BASE:
- 2 cups wholewheat flour aatta
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water approx
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 sachet 70 gm tomato paste
- Oregano for sprinkling
- 1 cup cooked chicken pcs cooked in turmeric, red chilli and salt
- 1 to mato chopped into small pcs
- 1 capsicum chopped into small pcs
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- Mozarella cheese for topping
- For preparing the base, add the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center, put the olive oil.
- Add water slowly and start to bring the dough together. Add the water little by little so that we don't get a watery dough.
- Knead till you get a soft non-sticky dough. Cover the bowl with cling film and allow to rest for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 8 equal portions. Make into a disc using your hand.
- Transfer to the baking pan. Prepare all the disc and transfer to the pan.
- Prick holes on the base and bake for 5 minutes. This will ensure that the base is well cooked.
- Take out from the oven. Spread some tomato paste, sprinkle oregano.
- Now sprinkle chicken, tomato, capsicum and olives intermediately and finally top with grated mozeralla cheese. Do the same till all the eight portions are done.
- Put the baking pan back into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes till the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm along with some salad!
You can go wild on the toppings - "baingan kaun pizza mein daaltha hai?", remember this dialogue from an ad? 🙂