Haven’t I always mentioned that my girls are hard to please? And that applies very much to my bakes as well. If you thought that kids would eat any brownies baked, then you are wrong. My girls won’t. They seem to have a criteria for their brownies – shouldn’t be too dark in color, shouldn’t have any bitter cocoa taste, shouldn’t have anything to bite in between, etc. etc. My problem is I tend to like more of dark chocolate and the girls end up not eating my brownies. I always tell them that everybody loves my brownies but not them, but they care a hoot.
So while thinking of what to make for the theme of “Anything and everything chocolate” for the Blogging Marathon #109, I had decided to make these brownies that have been on my to-do for quite a long time. There is a reason for it. Every time I buy milk chocolate and reserve it for this purpose, my girls find it and it disappears into their tummy. This time, I told them that if they do eat the chocolate, they would be missing out on some heavenly brownies. They did frown but the chocolate stayed untouched. However, I was constantly taunted by the girls to make it as soon as I could.
These brownies are slightly on the sweeter side because of the use of milk chocolate. I kept the cocoa powder to bare minimum to let the chocolate shine. Even with keeping the sugar minimal, this was a sweet brownie in my terms. The girls totally loved it. I struggled to get those three squares to shoot, because they kept disappearing from the cooling rack from the sides and center. Azza, as she munched on it, declared, “Finally a brownie I love that you have made!” I have so many brownie recipes on the blog, that is loved by who all I have tested and retested it on, but unfortunately has failed to impress my kids. 😕 This just goes to prove that kids are tough nuts to crack… 😀 Off to this recipe…
Milk Chocolate Brownies
- 180 gm milk chocolate I used Cadbury's
- 125 gm butter
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line and grease a square brownie pan and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. Allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate butter mixture and beat till incorporated.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and beat till just combined. Add the vanilla and incorporate.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes till the top is good to touch.
- Allow to cool completely. Serve with coffee or with a scoop of ice cream.