The tenth of the month is always exciting for me. I love to participate in the Muslim Food Blogger Challenge as much as I can. True, I am the one who is moderating it, but sometimes planning and cooking does get a little tough in between all things that are happening! Alhamdulillah, till now I have been able to manage and hope to keep it going…
This month, the theme was “Cooking with Olives”. Olives, known as Zaitoon, is one of the fruits mentioned in the Quran. Here are some articles you could read to educate yourself – here, here and here. I have an olive loving family. A big pack of olives can disappear off my counter-top within an hour of opening. Even though I had finalized in my mind what to cook for this challenge, my main task was to hide some quantity required to make my recipe. But it just kept disappearing so finally I bought the bottle of olives and made it then and there so that I don’t need to wait anymore. Hehe…
Pita is a given in my fridge, I always have a pack handy in the freezer since I am always a mother aka a headless chicken during dinner time and it spares me of having to think what to go with the curry. 😉 While making this pizza, I had no qualms of not being accepted by the girls. They ate up their share and wanted more, which I didn’t have to give. 😉 Later on, I made it again with chicken mince. I have not added anything in it apart from meat and olives, since they would conveniently pull out anything called tomatoes, onions and capsicum, which would go amazingly well with this super easy pizza, so please feel free to add anything. Moving on to this super easy recipe for this challenge… and hope you enjoy and make the recipe too! 🙂
Meat Olive Pita Pizza
- 500 gm minced meat I used beef
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 5 medium brown pita bread
- 5 tbsp tomato paste
- 230 gm drained sliced green olives
- 500 gm pack mozarella cheese
- Olive oil as needed
- Wash the mince well and drain.
- Heat a saucepan, add the meat. Sprinkle in all the spice powders and cook in its own juices on medium flame till all the liquid evaporates and the beef is cooked. Divide into five equal portions.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spread some olive oil on a baking tray.
- Keep a pita on the tray, spread a tablespoon of tomato paste. Sprinkle one portion of the meat, and top with olives as needed. Sprinkle with cheese. Do the same process with all the pitas.
- Bake for 10 minutes till cheese is melted. Serve hot.
I baked one pita at a time since my tray couldn't accommodate more than one.
Please feel free to add tomatoes, onions, capsicum, etc. to this pizza for more color.